Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Extreme Workout

Couple weeks ago, my intention was to walk the Rupe and jump rope a little, maybe take a few photos. To clarify the Rupe is a trail that circles the base of the Orvieto cliff.

Yes, I said jump rope. I've only used it once because I feel awkward if I try to use it in my apartment. Why is it awkward? Because it has the potential to annoy and up set our neighbors.

Back to the Rupe. I left at 12:30 in my workout outfit. After hiking and exploring some random paths near the Rupe, i run into a couple classmates and they're headed to the  monastery's castle. Today it is a hotel.

Joining their hike we wander along some road we think will logically lead us to the monastery. Good news, we made it.
Every thing was closed, after all it was sosta(the Italian version of siesta). Almost all shops are closed 1-4:30.

We decided to hike further up the hill following the road. We were in search  of the perfect view of which we could see the entire cliff of Orvieto

We did took an excursion off the roading into an olive grove. As we made our way to the edge of the cliff we saw a breath taking view of Orvieto.

We wanted a group photo but there wasn't a place to set the camera down nor did we have a tripod  so Casey hung his bag over a tree branch and use my jump rope to secure it. It was sturdy enough for a few pictures but we didn't trust it for long. So we got our pictures and trekked our way back down one hill and back up the cliff of Orvieto. On our way up we encountered several steep roads. We walked up some that were a 20-30% incline

When i finally got home it was five minutes after four. I was cold, sore, and tired. I soaked in a hot bath and felt like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment