Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Meandering in Florence


A second trip to Florence rewarded us with a tour of the Uffizi Gallery by our Professor Marco. Under Marco’s guidance we examined the change of art at the during the time of Renaissance.  One thing we didn’t spend much time looking at were the statues.  I would have looked closer but I had trouble keeping my eyes of the ceilings.
In case you are surprised at the '”Lack” of photos in this album, it is the result of  the Uffizi prohibiting the use of cameras. I did have my camera, however, I forgot the SD card in my checked bag.
After the tour was finished and we efficiently walked through a few of the rooms not included in our tour. I intended to walk with a few classmates and wander Florence, but due to their alternative plans of going to their hostel, I had a new decision to make.  Left with the choice to explore on my own or find another group, I began walking towards the river. I walked across both bridges on either side of Ponte Vecchio to get a view of the facades facing outward. I also walked across Ponte Vecchio its self, I had a lot of fun looking at the jewelry displays.
After meandering the city a little longer, I made my way back to the train station to catch the 5:09pm train to Orvieto.
It was a quite relaxing trip to Florence. I’ve found that I don’t mind wandering by myself, because I don’t have to feel rushed to get a photo nor do I have to worry about keeping up. Sometimes it is nice to roam at a pace of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment